ANNOUNCEMENTS AND SITE UPDATE INFORMATION FOR YOUR USE.
YOU WILL FIND UPDATES OF SITE CHANGES HERE OVER TIME. THE LATEST ADJUSTMENTS WILL APPEAR AT THE TOP.
SITE CHANGES JANUARY 2013
• Home Page, General Site, Interactive button use, Layout and Style is currently under review and there will be ongoing changes. This will be progressive. It will be done gradually so that it does not interrupt use.
• Quick SMaRT Link buttons to the right hand side of the 'Home' page. These can be accessed easily and functioning whatever page of the site you are on without the need to go back to the Home page. Hint - If you find that any part of the Home page is out of range on your screen simply click on 'view' in your computer menu and 'zoom' in so that all parts of the page will be displayed.
• New Conference line free connection. This enables those that do not wish to dial via phone into a live call to connect not only from their own computer but via a 'SMaRT LINK CONFERENCE' button directly from the Hootless.Com home page. Hint - For instructions >>>>> SMaRT CALLS
• Live Calls Will no longer be recorded - to enable those that wanted to participate but did not due to being heard on an audio replay to do so and engage as fully as possible. Live Calls will resume towards the end of January. Hint - Watch the 'Events' Tab for details.
SITE CHANGES OCTOBER 2012
DELETION OF 2010 ARCHIVE
• The 2010 archive has come to the end of its term and all the links have now expired so to avoid any confusion the page has been removed.
• The 2011 archive has been edited up to date and all expired links have also been removed. Highlighted selected calls of 2011 have been re-activated.
• The 2012 archive is under review and will be undergoing some changes.
SITE CHANGES JANUARY 2012
NEW ON SITE JAVA CHAT APPLICATION
• Easy to find: You'll find the new chat in your browser window's footer. Click on it and start chatting (click again to close it).
• More responsive: It should snap to attention fast!
• Better technology: It's not Flash-based, so it will even work on some mobile devices.
• New sounds and notifications: You can turn those off if you want. You'll also see a visual notification when new messages are posted.
• Ignore people: Choose who you want to chat with — or click the "Ignore" button. It's up to you.
• Pop it out: Need more space to chat? Pop it out into its own window. You can do this by hitting the CHAT TAB in the Home Page Menu or by using the Instant Button on the right of the page in the SMaRT AREAS column.
• It can host up to 500 people simultaneously so, take it for checking, jump in and chat.
• Feel free to join the main CHAT ROOM or click on a contacts name and open a private room of your own.